1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell, deep dish
3 eggs, beaten
1 1/4 cups pure maple syrup
1/2 cup sugar or Splenda
2 tablespoons organic white flour
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon pure vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup halved pecans
Whipped cream (for serving)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Beat eggs in a bowl. Add maple syrup, flour, melted butter, vanilla and salt. Mix well.
3. Add pecans and stir filling to coat the nuts.
4. Pour pie filling into the pie shell and place on the middle rack of the oven. Bake for about 40 minutes, or
until crust is brown and the middle of the pie has puffed up.
5. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Pie will be puffed up quite unnaturally, but will sink as it cools.
6. Serve warm with whipped cream.